Mission and Vision
Our mission is to create and maintain an inclusive, collaborative workplace that enables people to do their best work by addressing conflict quickly, effectively, and constructively.
We envision a workplace where:
- All have the opportunity to contribute, achieve and thrive at the University and beyond.
- Conflict is seen as an opportunity for learning and growth.
- Faculty, staff, and student employees address conflict proactively and successfully.
Who we serve
The Office serves University of Minnesota faculty, staff and student employees who are not represented by a union. Union members are encouraged to use the dispute resolution processes contained in the applicable collective bargaining agreement.
When to contact the office
We encourage you to contact us if you have a problem, concern, or issue and:
- You don't know where to go for help.
- Your efforts to resolve the situation have been unsuccessful.
- You are uncomfortable addressing the situation directly.
What you need to know
- OCR services are confidential. We will not identify you or discuss your concerns with anyone without your permission. The only exceptions to this commitment are if the situation involves the risk of harm to yourself or others or we are required to do so by law.
- OCR is an independent office. It is not part of the Office of Human Resources or Office of General Counsel. For administrative purposes, the OCR reports to the Vice President of the Office for Equity and Diversity, but does not report on the specifics of any individual case or conflict.
- OCR is not an office of official reporting for the University. If you wish to report wrongdoing, we can help you identify appropriate options to do so.
- OCR staff do not function as advocates or representatives of any particular party. We are advocates for a fair and equitable process that allows the positions and interests of all parties to be heard as we seek to resolve or mitigate the underlying conflict.